Downtown Cincinnati, Ohio is the central business district for the city and is arranged within a grid pattern bisected by Vine Street. In the center is Fountain Square and is home to the infamous Tyler Davidson Fountain that was dedicated in 1871. The neighborhood is home to numerous historic districts, including East Fourth Street, Lytle Park, Main and Third Street, Ninth Street and Race Street. It is headquarters to Kroger, Macy’s, The E.W. Scripps Company, Fifth Third Bank and Proctor & Gamble.
303 Broadway at Queen City Square is a 16-story office tower at the corner of 3rd Street and Broadway.
312 Elm Street is located at 312 Elm at West 3rd street and was constructed in 1992 for the Cincinnati Enquirer.
The E.F. Albee Theater is a demolished theater that was located on the south side of Fifth Street between Vine and Walnut streets. The 3,300-seat theater opened in 1927 and was described as a “veritable art gallery.”
The AT580 Building is located along East 6th Street between Main and Walnut streets. The tower was formerly the site of the Gerke Building. The 17-story tower was built in 1973 for Southern Ohio Bank. It is now being converted into apartments and offices.
The Atrium Tower complex comprises of two individual structures at 201 and 221 East 4th Street. Atrium One, located on the corner of East 4th and Main Street, is a 20 story, 252-foot tower that was completed in 1981. Atrium Two is taller at 28 stories, reaching a height of 351-foot, and was completed in 1984 at the corner of East 4th and Sycamore Street.
The Banks is a 15-acre mixed-use development between the Paul Brown Stadium and the Great American Ballpark and between Second Street and the Ohio River.
The Bartlett Building is located at 24-42 East Fourth at Walnut Street and was designed by the D.H. Burnham & Company for Union Trust Bank.
Broadway Commons is a site located at the junction of Reading Road and Broadway that was once the site of a proposed baseball stadium. It is the home of the Horseshoe Casino.
Carew Tower is located at West Fifth Street and Fountain Square and is one of the city’s architectural Art Deco gems.
Center at 600 Vine is located at West Sixth and Vine Street and was home to Convergys.
The Cincinnati Bell Telephone Building is located at 209 West 7th at Elm street and was constructed in 1930 for Cincinnati Bell.
The Cincinnati Chamber of Commerce Building is located at West Fourth and Race streets, and was constructed in 1927 for the Cincinnati Chamber of Commerce. It later housed the Federal Reserve Bank and various financial institutions. It was rehabilitated in 2012 into upscale apartments and offices.
The Crane-Hawley Building is located at 824 Broadway and was home to the Crane-Hawley Company, a plumbing and heating outfit.
dunnhumby Centre is commercial and retail development at 5th and Race streets for DunnhumbyUSA. It replaced the 14-story Fifth & Race Tower, which had been completed in 1974 as part of an urban renewal project.
The Duttenhoffer Building is located at East 6th Street at Sycamore Streetand was constructed in 1916 for Val Duttenhofer Sons Company, a shoe manufacturer.
The Enquirer Building is located at 617 Vine Street and was the home of the Cincinnati Enquirer newspaper from 1926 until 1992, when the company relocated to Elm Street. The 14-story, 288,000 square-foot building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.
The Este Building is located at East 7th and Main streets and was constructed in 1905.
The Fifth Third Center is located at West Fifth and Walnut Street and Fountain Square and is home to Fifth Third Bank.
The First Financial Center is located at 225 East Fifth Street and was developed by Hines. The 31-story, 410-foot tall Postmodern styled tower, cladded in Sardinian Gray granite and bronze-tinted glass, was designed by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill for the Chemed Corporation.
The First National Bank Building is located at 830 Main Street and was constructed in 1908 for the Second National Bank.
The Flatiron Building is located at 401 East Court Street and was constructed in 1902 for the Pittsburg Plate Glass Company.
Fountain Square West is a proposed residential development above Macy’s department store at Fifth and Vine streets.
Fourth and Race is a proposed 30-story, mixed-use development at the northwest corner of 4th and Race streets. The development would take the place of the existing Pogue’s department store parking garage.
The Hotel Dennison at 716 Main Street and was constructed in 1890 as an ironworks for a carriage manufacturer. The nine-story building was later converted into the Hotel Dennison with 114 units that featured common bathrooms and kitchens.
The Hotel Gibson, later the Sheraton Gibson, is a demolished hotel that was located at the southwest corner of Fifth and Walnut streets. It was originally the site of the Gibson House, which was constructed in 1849 by Peter Gibson.
The Hyatt Regency is located at 151 West 5th Street and was constructed in 1984 for the Hyatt Regency hotel and Saks Fifth Avenue.
The Ingalls Building is located at the northeast corner of Fourth and Vine streets and was the world’s tallest reinforced concrete skyscraper.
The Metropole is located at 609 Walnut Street in the Backstage entertainment district and is home to the 21c Museum Hotel.
The Millennium Hotel is located at West 5th and Elm streets and consists of two towers that was built for the Regal Hotel.
The Phelps is located at 506 East 4th Street and was constructed in 1926 as an apartment building. Construction to rehabilitate the building into The Residence Inn at the Phelps began in 2010 and was completed a year later.
The Power Building is located at East 8th and Sycamore streets and was constructed in 1903 to house textile firms. The ten-story building was closed to commercial usage in 1996 and was rehabilitated in 2002 by Capital Investment Group into upscale apartments.
The Proctor & Gamble headquarters complex is located between East Fifth, East Sixth and Sycamore and Sentinel streets.
Queen City Square is located at 301 East 4th Street and is the city’s tallest building at 665-feet. It is home to Great American Insurance.
St. Francis Xavier Church is located at 607 Sycamore Street and was built in 1860 for the Society of Jesus.
The Schwartz Building is located at 906 Main Street and was constructed in 1921. It is being prepared for conversion into apartments.
Terrace Plaza Hotel is a former hotel at West 6th and Race street. The 20-story hotel was the first major building to be constructed in downtown following the conclusion of World War II, and replaced the Butler Building and several other low-rise structures.
The Times-Star Building is located at 800 Broadway Street and was home to the Cincinanti Times-Star newspaper.
Tower Place is a former shopping center at the northeast corner of Fourth and Race streets and at its peak, featured 65 stores and restaurants and linked to shops at Carew Tower, bringing the total to 90.
The Trust Building, also referred to as PNC Center, is located at East 5th and Main streets and was constructed from 1978-79.
The Union Central Building is located at 1 West Fourth Street and was home to Union Central Life Inusrance Company, the second largest company west of New York City. It is today home to PNC Bank and other businesses and is one of the city’s most recognizable skyscrapers.
The William Howard Taft Center is located at the corner of East 9th and Sycamore Street. The 13-floor commercial structure was constructed in 1924.